Overview - S-8533 series
Synchronous PWM Control Step-Down Switching Regulator (DC/DC Converter ICs) S-8533 series
The S-8533 series is a synchronous PWM control CMOS step-down
switching regulator (DC/DC Converter ICs) controller that includes a reference voltage source, synchronous circuit, an oscillation circuit, an error amplifier, a phase compensation circuit, and a PWM controller.
An efficient step-down switching regulator (DC/DC Converter ICs) can be realized simply by
adding external Pch and Nch power MOSFETs, one coil, and three
Since the oscillation frequency is a high 300 kHz, the S-8533 can be used to configure a high efficiency step-down switching regulator (DC/DC Converter ICs) capable of driving high output current using small external components and a 3 to 10% in-crease in efficiency is obtained compared to conventional step-down switching regulators(DC/DC Converter ICs).
The 8-Pin TSSOP and high oscillation frequency make the S-8533 ideal as the main power supply for portable devices.
- Synchronous rectification system realizing high efficiency (typ. 94%)
- External components:
Use at maximum duty = 100% and use of a battery up to maximum life is possible by using Pch and Nch MOS transistors externally.
- Oscillation frequency: 300 kHz
- Input voltage: 2.7 to 16.0 V
- Output voltage: 1.25 V, 1.3 to 6.0 V(Selectable in 0.1 V steps)
- Output voltage accuracy: ±2.0%
- Soft start: Can be set by an external capacitance CSS
- Shutdown function
- Small package 8-Pin TSSOP
- Lead-free products
- Constant voltage power supply for hard disks and DVD drivers
- Power supplies for portable devices, such as digital cameras, PDAs, electronic organizers, and cellular phones
- Main or sub power supply for notebook computers and peripheral equipment
- Constant voltage power supply for cameras, video equipment, and communication devices