Overview - S-1133 series
High Ripple Rejection Low Dropout Middle Output Current CMOS Voltage Regulator (LDO) S-1133 series
The S-1133 Series is a positive voltage regulator with a low dropout voltage (LDO), high output voltage accuracy, and low current consumption (300 mA output current) developed based on CMOS technology.
A 1 µF small ceramic capacitor can be used*1. It operates with low current consumption of 60 µA typ. The S-1133 Series includes an overcurrent protection circuit that prevents the output current from exceeding the current capacitance of the output transistor and a thermal shutdown circuit that prevents damage due to overheating.
In addition to the types in which output voltage is set inside the IC, a type for which output voltage can be set via an external resistor is added to a lineup (S-1133x00 Series). SOT-89-5 and super-small SNT-8A package realizes a high density mounting.
This, in addition to low current consumption, makes the S-1133 Series ideal for mobile devices.
*1. A ceramic capacitor of 2.2 µF or more can be used for products whose output voltage is 1.7 V or less.
- Output voltage: 1.2 V to 6.0 V, selectable in 0.1 V steps.
- Voltage setting via external resistor : Selectable from 1.8 to 8.2 V (S-1133B00/S-1133A00)
- Input voltage range : 2.0 to 10 V
- High-accuracy output voltage: ±1.0% accuracy (1.2 to 1.4 V output product : ±15 mV accuracy)
- Low dropout voltage (LDO): 130 mV typ. (3.0 V output product, Iout =100 mA)
- Low current consumption: During operation 60 µA typ. 90 µA max., During shutdown 0.1 µA typ. 1.0 µA max.
- Output current: 300 mA output is possible (at Vin >Vout(s) +1.0 V) *1
- Low ESR capacitor can be used : A ceramic capacitor of 1.0 µF or more can be used for the input and output capacitors.(A ceramic capacitor of 2.2 µF or more can be used for products whose output voltage is 1.7 V or less.)
- High ripple rejection: 70 dB typ. (at 1.0 kHz, Vout = 1.2 V)
- Built-in overcurrent protection circuit: Overcurrent of output transistor can be restricted.
- Built-in thermal shutdown circuit: Prevents damage due to overheating.
- Built-in ON/OFF circuit: Ensures long battery life.
- Small package: SOT-89-5, SNT-8A
- Lead-free products
*1. Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output current is large.
- Power supply for battery-powered devices
- Power supply for personal communication devices
- Power supply for home electric appliances