Overview - S-1206 series
Ultra Low Current Consumption and Low Dropout CMOS Voltage Regulator (LDO) S-1206 series
The S-1206 Series is a positive voltage regulator with ultra low current consumption, low dropout voltage (LDO), high output voltage accuracy, and 250 mA output current developed based on CMOS technology.
I/O capacitors are as small as 0.1 µF. S-1206 Series operates at ultra low current consumption of 1.0 µs (typ.).
The built-in low-on-resistance transistor realizes low dropout voltage and high output current. A built-in overcurrent protection circuit prevents the load current from exceeding the current capacitance of the output transistor.
Three packages, SOT-23-3, SOT-89-3, and SNT-6A(H), are available.
Compared with voltage regulators using a conventional CMOS process, more types of capacitors, including small I/O capacitors, can be used with the S-1206 Series. The S-1206 Series features ultra-low current consumption and comes in a small package, making them most suitable for portable equipment.
- Output voltage: 1.2 to 5.2 V, selectable in 0.05 V steps.
- Low equivalent series resistance capacitor can be used:
A ceramic capacitor of 0.1 µF or more can be used for the I/O capacitor.
- Wide input voltage range: 1.7 to 6.5 V
- High-accuracy output voltage: ±1.0% (1.2 to 1.45 V output product: ±15 mV)
- Low dropout voltage (LDO): 150 mV typ. (3.0 V output product, at Iout =100 mA)
- Low current consumption: During operation 1.0 µA typ. 1.5 µA max.
- High output current: 250 mA output is possible. (3.0 V output product, at Vin > Vout(s) + 1.0 V)*1
- Built-in overcurrent protection circuit: Overcurrent of output transistor can be restricted.
- Small package: SOT-23-3, SOT-89-3, SNT-6A(H)
- Lead-free products
*1. Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output current is large.
- Power supply for battery-powered devices
- Constant-voltage power supply for cellular phones
- Constant-voltage power supply for portable equipments