Overview - S-8242B series
Battery Protection IC for 2-Serial-Cell Pack S-8242B series
The S-8242B Series are protection ICs for 2-serial-cell lithium-ion/lithium-polymer rechargeable batteries and include high-accuracy voltage detectors and delay circuits.
These ICs are suitable for protecting 2-cell rechargeable lithium-ion/lithium-polymer battery packs from overcharge, overdischarge, and overcurrent.
- High-accuracy voltage detection for each cell
•Overcharge detection voltage n (n =1, 2): 3.9 V to 4.5 V (50 mV steps) Accuracy ±25 mV
•Overcharge release voltage n (n =1, 2): 3.8 V to 4.5 V *1
Accuracy ±50 mV
•Overdischarge detection voltage n (n =1, 2): 2.0 V to 3.0 V (100 mV steps) Accuracy ±50 mV
•Overdischarge release voltage n (n =1, 2): 2.0 V to 3.4 V *2 Accuracy ±100 mV
*1. Overcharge release voltage =Overcharge detection voltage -Overcharge hysteresis voltage
*2. Overdischarge release voltage =Overdischarge detection voltage +Overdischarge hysteresis voltage
- Two-level overcurrent detection (overcurrent 1, overcurrent 2)
•Overcurrent detection voltage 1: 0.05 V, 0.08 V to 0.30 V (10 mV steps) Accuracy ±15 mV
•Overcurrent detection voltage 2: 1.2 V (fixed) Accuracy ±300 mV
- Delay times (overcharge, overdischarge, overcurrent) are generated by an internal circuit (external capacitors are unnecessary).
- 0 V battery charge function available/unavailable are selectable.
- Charger detection function
- High-withstanding-voltage devices:
Absolute maximum rating: 28 V
- Wide operating temperature range:
-40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
10 µA max. (+25°C)
0.1 µA max. (+25°C)
- Package: SNT-8A, 8-pin TSSOP
- Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs
- Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery packs