Overview - S-8262A Series
Battery Protection IC for 2-Serial Cell Pack S-8262A Series
The S-8262A Series is a protection IC for 2-serial-cell lithium-ion / lithium polymer rechargeable batteries and includes high-accuracy voltage detectors and delay circuits.
The S-8262A Series has an alarm signal output pin (AO pin) which outputs the alarm detection signal.
The alarm detection signal is output prior to the charge control FET signal by overcharge detection.
- High-accuracy voltage detection for each cell
Overcharge detection voltage n (n = 1, 2) : 3.900 V to 4.500 V (5 mV steps) : Accuracy ±20 mV (Ta = +25°C), Accuracy ±25 mV (Ta = -10°C to +60°C)
Overcharge release voltage n (n = 1, 2) : 3.800 V to 4.500 V*1 : Accuracy ±30 mV
Overdischarge detection voltage n (n = 1, 2) : 2.00 V to 3.00 V (10 mV steps) : Accuracy ±50 mV
Overdischarge release voltage n (n = 1, 2) : 2.00 V to 3.40 V*2 : Accuracy ±100 mV
Discharge overcurrent 1 detection voltage : 0.05 V to 0.20 V (10 mV steps) : Accuracy ±10 mV
Discharge overcurrent 2 detection voltage : 0.20 V to 0.40 V (20 mV steps) : Accuracy ±20 mV
Load short-circuiting detection voltage : 0.70 V (fixed) : Accuracy ±100 mV
Charge overcurrent detection voltage : -0.400 V to -0.050 V (25 mV steps) : Accuracy ±20 mV
- Detection delay times are generated only by an internal circuit (external capacitors are unnecessary). : Accuracy ±20%
- High-withstanding-voltage device is used for charger connection pins (VM pin and CO pin: Absolute maximum rating = 28 V)
- 0 V battery charge function "available" / "unavailable" is selectable.
- Wide operating temperature range : Ta = -40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
During operation : 8.0 µA max. (Ta = +25°C)
During power-down : 0.1 µA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
- Package : SNT-8A
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage - Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1, 2) can be selected as 0 V or from a range of 0.10 V to 0.40 V in 25 mV steps.)
*2. Overdischarge release voltage = Overdischarge detection voltage + Overdischarge hysteresis voltage
(Overdischarge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1, 2) can be selected as 0 V or from a range of 0.1 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV steps.)
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs
- Lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs