HOME > Switching Regulator Simulator
Switching Regulator Simulator GTSCAT Ver.7
SII offers a simulation software as a support tool for circuit design where switching regulator is used. This simulation software analyses the performance of the switching regulator made or sold by SII as standard circuit.
Added function from Ver. 7.0:
- S-8333 series is added.
- Frequency characteristic function is added to S-8337/8338 series and S-8333 series.
- SII's S-90 series is deleted in selection of MOSFET.
The applicable switching regulators are as follows;
Step-up Switching Regulators
- S-8337/8338 series (PWM control)
- S-8333 series (PWM control)
- S-8351/8352 series (PFM control)
- S-8353/8354 series (PWM, PWM/PFM switchover control)
- S-8357/8358 series (PWM, PWM/PFM switchover control)
- S-8340 series (PWM control)
- S-8341 series (PWM/PFM switchover control)
Note) Please substitute the S-8357/8358 series for the S-8355/8356 series.
Step-down Switching Regulators
- S-8520 series (PWM control)
- S-8521 series (PWM/PFM switchover control)
- S-8540 series (PWM control)
- S-8541 series (PWM/PFM switchover control)
- S-8533 series(PWM control)
Step-up/down Switching Regulators
- S-8460 series (PWM control)
- Fast analysis. The analysis takes only few seconds up to minutes by using optimal high speed and stable algorithm and the result is displayed in chart.
- Simulation is available for your using component. As to the components we have confirmed, analysis can be done immediately using obtained database of circuit parameter of the component.
- The program is object oriented.
- Very small software file (1MB).
- The simulator can be used on Microsoft Windows 98, 2000 or XP.
HOW TO USE:
After the program is loaded please select your requested switching regulator for analysis. The standard circuits have been already set in the program. Please select your using component from the database as shown below.
Then please select analysis menu. You will wait
only few seconds or minutes to get a
simulation result as below;
|Right chart is the analysis result of steady state. The ripple wave of output voltage, electric current in coil and output voltage of the coil is displayed in the scope window. Zoom in and out is available. Efficiency, ripple voltage, duty ratio and peak current of coil are also displayed in numerical value.|
|In transient response analysis, the simulations for power-on point, input voltage change point and output load change point are available. Right chart shows the change of output voltage when electric current changes rapidly. Until now this evaluation result could be obtained only by using a real circuit.|
This showed a part of performance of this simulator.
Please utilize this simulator for designing a circuit which uses
SII's switching regulator. You can download the simulator with
brief registration. For details, please refer the operation manual
included in downloaded file.
For more information please complete a Technical Question Form .