The S-8205A/B Series includes a voltage detection circuit with high accuracy and a delay circuit, in single use, makes it possible for users to monitor the status of 4-series or 5-series cell lithium-ion rechargeable battery. These ICs are suitable for protecting rechargeable lithium-ion battery packs from overcharge, overdischarge, and overcurrent.
- High-accuracy voltage detection for each cell
- Overcharge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 5) 3.55 V to 4.40 V*1 (50 mV step) Accuracy ±25 mV
- Overcharge release voltage n (n = 1 to 5) 3.30 V to 4.40 V*2 Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 5) 2.0 V to 3.2 V*1 (100 mV step) Accuracy ±80 mV
- Overdischarge release voltage n (n = 1 to 5) 2.0 V to 3.4 V*3 Accuracy ±100 mV
- Discharge overcurrent detection in 2-step
- Discharge overcurrent detection voltage 0.05 V to 0.30 V*4 (50 mV step) Accuracy ±15 mV
- Short circuit detection voltage 0.50 V to 1.0 V*4 (100 mV step) Accuracy ±100 mV
- Charge overcurrent detection
- Charge overcurrent detection voltage -0.30 V to -0.05 V (50 mV step) Accuracy ±30 mV
- Settable by external capacitor; Overcharge detection delay time, Overdischarge detection delay time, Discharge overcurrent detection delay time, Charge overcurrent detection delay time (Load short circuit detection delay time is internally fixed.)
- S-8205A Series: used for 4-series cell, S-8205B Series: used for 5-series cell
- Independent charging and discharge control by the control pins
- Products with and without a power-down function can be selected.
- Withstand voltage element Absolute maximum rating
- 28 V
- Wide range of operation voltage
- 2 V to 24 V
- Wide range of operation temperature
- -40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- Operation mode 40 µA max. (+25°C)
- Power-down mode 0.1 µA max. (+25°C)
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free*5
*1. The overcharge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 5) and overdischarge detection voltage (n = 1 to 5) are not selectable if the voltage difference between them is 0.6 V or less.
*2. Overcharge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 5) is selectable in 0 V, or in 0.1 V to 0.4 V in 50 mV step. (Overcharge hysteresis voltage = Overcharge detection voltage – Overcharge release voltage)
*3. Overdischarge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 5) is selectable in 0 V, or in 0.2 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step. (Overdischarge hysteresis voltage = Overdischarge release voltage – Overdischarge detection voltage)
*4. The discharge overcurrent detection voltage and load short circuit detection voltage are not selectable if the voltage difference between them is 0.3 V or less.
*5. Refer to “Product Name Structure” for details.
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs