The S-8261 series are lithium-ion/lithium polymer rechargeable battery protection ICs incorporating high-accuracy voltage detection circuit and delay circuit.
The S-8261 series are suitable for protection of single-cell lithium ion/lithium polymer battery packs from overcharge, overdischarge and overcurrent.
- Internal high accuracy voltage detection circuit
- Overcharge detection voltage: 3.9V to 4.5V(applicable in 5mV step), Accuracy: ±25mV (+25°C) and ±30mV (-5°C to +55°)
- Overcharge hysteresis voltage: 0.1V to 0.4V, Accuracy: ±25mV
- Overdischarge detection voltage: 2.0V to 3.0V(10mV step), Accuracy: ±50mV
- Overdischarge hysteresis voltage: 0.0V to 0.7V, Accuracy: ±50mV
- Overcurrent 1 detection voltage: 0.05V to 0.3V (10mV step), Accuracy: ±15mV
- Overcurrent 2 detection voltage: 0.5V(fixed), Accuracy: ±100mV
- High voltage device is used for charger connection pins
- VM and CO pins: absolute maximum rating = 28V
- Delay times(overcharge: tCU, overdischarge: tDL, overcurrent 1: tlOV1, overcurrent 2: tlOV2) are generated by an internal circuit. No external capacitor is necessary. Accuracy: ±20%
- Three-step overcurrent detection circuit is included. (overcurrent 1, overcurrent 2, and load short-circuiting)
- 0 V battery charge function “available” / “unavailable” are selectable.
- Charger detection function and abnormal charge current detection function.
The overdischarge hysteresis is released by detecting negative voltage at the VM pin (-0.7V typ.).
(Charger detection function)
When the output voltage of the DO pin is high and the voltage at the VM pin is equal to or lower than the charger detection voltage (-0.7V typ.), the output voltage of the CO pin goes low. (Abnormal charge current detection function)
- Low current consumption
- Operation: 3.5 µA typ., 7.0 µA max.
- Power-down: 0.1 µA max.
- Wide operating temperature range
- -40°C to +85°C
- Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs
- Lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs