The S-85V1A Series is a step-down switching regulator which features high efficiency and fast transient response.
Since PWM / PFM switching control automatically switches to PFM control when under light load, high efficiency is realized.
This IC is suitable for mobile devices and battery powered devices due to introduction of own distinctive COT (Constant On-Time) control.
Also, high-density mounting is realized by adopting super-small, thin SNT-6A package.
Therefore, the occupancy area including a coil, an input capacitor and an output capacitor can be reduced to 2.0 mm × 4.5 mm = 9.0 mm2 , and it contributes to miniaturization of electronic equipment.
- Current consumption
- 10 μA quiescent current
- Fast transient response
- COT control
- Input voltage
- 2.2 V to 5.5 V
- Output voltage
- 0.7 V to 2.5 V, in 0.05 V step
- 2.6 V to 3.9 V, in 0.1 V step
- Output voltage accuracy
- ±1.5% (1.0 V ≤ Vout ≤ 3.9 V)
- ±15 mV (0.7 V ≤ Vout < 1.0 V)
- Switching frequency
- 1.0 MHz (at PWM operation)
- High side power MOS FET on-resistance
- 450 mΩ
- Low side power MOS FET on-resistance
- 350 mΩ
- Soft-start function
- 1 ms typ.
- Under voltage lockout function (UVLO)
- 1.8 V typ. (detection voltage)
- Thermal shutdown function
- 135°C typ. (detection temperature)
- Overcurrent limit function
- 450 mA (at L = 2.2 μH)
- Automatic recovery type short-circuit protection function
- Hiccup control
- Input and output capacitors
- Ceramic capacitor compatible
- Operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +85°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
- Bluetooth device
- Wireless sensor network device
- Healthcare equipment
- Smart meter
- Portable game device
- Remote control