Introduction to Magnetic Sensor ICs (Hall Effect ICs) for Automotive Use
Magnetic sensor ICs for automotive use of SII Semiconductor Corporation, which are Hall effect ICs realizing high-accuracy magnetic sensitivity, allow unipolar or bipolar detection with high-withstand voltage and high temperature operation, and best-suited for automotive applications.
Our magnetic sensor ICs cover a wide range of applications such as rotation detection (bipolar detection) for fan motors, roof window motors, electric power steering motors, wiper motors etc. in DC brushless motor control, and open/close or sliding detection (unipolar detection) for power steering, seat belt buckles, power window, shift levers and doors.
SII Semiconductor Corporation has been manufacturing and delivering automotive ICs with its tradition of high reliability system and a strong track record in the Japanese market, and provides customers with stable, safe and high-quality automotive Hall ICs.
- High-accuracy magnetic sensitivity enables position and rotation detection with less dispersion
- Automotive quality: AEC-Q100/PPAP qualified, high temperature operation, high-withstand voltage, triple temperature test (low, normal, high)
1. High-accuracy magnetic sensitivity enables position and rotation detection with less dispersion
SII Semiconductor Corporation offers a variety of products with the industry’s top class magnetic sensitivity of ±1.0 mT. High-accuracy magnetic sensitivity allows the operation’s dispersion in the system combined with magnet smaller, thus giving more freedom of mechanism design, contributing to miniaturization of magnets and lower total cost.
Hall effect latch ICs and Hall effect switch ICs enable the high-accuracy rotation control of motors and the high-accuracy open/close or sliding detection, respectively.
*1. Magnetic sensitivity accuracy: Dispersion of magnetic sensitivity. (The Magnetic sensitivity is ±1.0mT when Bop = 3.0mT±1.0mT)
Note: Animations are not supported in Internet Explorer 10. Please update your Internet Explorer or use the other browsers.
Animation digest (Duration: 1:48)
1. This is an introduction to the automotive 150°C operation hall effect IC S-57P1 S Series.
2. The S-57P1 is an automotive bipolar hall effect latch IC which operates at 150°C and achieves high-sensitivity and high-accuracy magnetic sensitivity.
3. In addition to the use of standard 3.0 mT magnetic sensitivity, by utilizing high magnetic sensitivity of 0.5 mT,
4. this IC is able to efficiently control motors by minimizing the delay in phase of the rotating magnet and hall IC output.
5. Moreover, the S-57P1 achieves a high accuracy of ±1.0 mT at all magnetic sensitivities.
6. Due to its superior output timing, this IC realizes stable rotation control of brushless motors.
7. The S-57P1 S Series is a high-sensitivity and high-accuracy hall effect IC which operates at 150°C.
This product makes low vibration motors possible, which allows for the production of more comfortable automobiles.