In January 2018, SII Semiconductor Corporation will change its name to “ABLIC Inc.”.
ABLIC Inc. has inherited the Seiko Instruments philosophy of manufacturing. As technology continues to grow and flourish, we aim to create key, world-changing components such as our semiconductor products featuring low-current consumption, low-voltage operation, and ultra-small package technologies, through following the principles of “small, smart, and simple” innovation.
The new company name ABLIC is a coined word combining ABLE (possible) and IC (short for “integrated circuit”), expressing that semiconductor technology enables possibilities.
In addition, our logo consists of an arrow (), representing growth, combined with a diamond (◆), representing integrated circuits, which together form an “A”, the first letter of the company name. This, as a whole, expresses our corporate vision of striving to help society grow through semiconductor technology.
Change Name to “ABLIC Inc.”
- High-efficiency SWRs
- Established SII Semiconductor Corporation
- Medical device ICs
- High-power dissipation packages (TO-252-5S)
- Wireless power ICs
- Timer ICs for automotive use
- Magnetism sensor ICs for automotive use
- Ultra-small 0.8 x 0.8 mm packages (HSNT)
- High-power dissipation packages (HSOP-6)
- Power supply ICs for automotive use
- Ultra-low voltage operation charge pumps
- Ultra-small packages (SNT)
- E2PROM for automotive use
- Lithium-ion battery protection ICs (Secondary protection)
- Began the post process at the Akita plant.
- Lithium-ion battery protection ICs / E2PROM
- Real-time clock ICs
- Completed the 6-inch line for the wafer process.
- Non-volatile memories
- Temperature sensor ICs
- Magnetism sensor ICs
- Voltage regulators and voltage detectors
- Completed the 4-inch line for the wafer process.
- Analog quartz ICs
- Completed the 2-inch line for development.
- Began CMOS IC R&D.
- Established 1937 Daini Seikosha Co., Ltd. (the present-day Seiko Instruments Inc.)
- Established K. Hattori (the present-day Seiko Holdings Corporation)
|Established SII Semiconductor Corporation||2016||2016||Medical device ICs|
|High-power dissipation packages (TO-252-5S)||2015||2015||Wireless power ICs|
|2014||Timer ICs for automotive use|
|2013||Magnetism sensor ICs for automotive use|
|Ultra-small 0.8 x 0.8 mm packages (HSNT)||2011|
|High-power dissipation packages (HSOP-6)||2009||2009||Power supply ICs for automotive use|
|2005||Ultra-low voltage operation charge pumps|
|Ultra-small packages (SNT)||2003||2003||E2PROM for automotive use|
|1999||Lithium-ion battery protection ICs (Secondary protection)|
|Began the post process at the Akita plant.||1996|
|1993||Lithium-ion battery protection ICs / E2PROM|
|1990||Real-time clock ICs|
|Completed the 6-inch line for the wafer process.||1987|
|1985||Temperature sensor ICs|
|1984||Magnetism sensor ICs|
|1983||Voltage regulators and voltage detectors|
|Completed the 4-inch line for the wafer process.||1979||1979||Analog quartz ICs|
|Completed the 2-inch line for development.||1970|
|Began CMOS IC R&D.||1968|
|Established 1937 Daini Seikosha Co., Ltd.
(the present-day Seiko Instruments Inc.)
|Established K. Hattori
(the present-day Seiko Holdings Corporation)
In January 2018 SII Semiconductor Corporation, as a result of the transfer of shares from Seiko Instruments Inc., will become an exclusive manufacturer of analog semiconductors under the name ABLIC, of which the Development Bank of Japan Inc. will hold 70% of the shares. We aim to establish a global presence as an industry leader, providing optimal solutions for both clients and society as a whole.
A new future awaits with ABLIC.
Note: The month of the company name change is a current schedule.