The S-8235A Series, for automotive use, is utilized for secondary protection of lithium-ion rechargeable batteries, and incorporates high-accuracy voltage detection circuits and delay circuits. Short-circuiting between cells makes it possible for serial connection of 3-cell to 5-cell. By connecting in cascade, the S-8235A Series protects 6-serial or more cells lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack.
The S-8235A Series performs a self-test operation to confirm overcharge detection.
Caution : This product can be used in vehicle equipment and in-vehicle equipment. Before using the product in the purpose, contact to SII is indispensable.
- High-accuracy voltage detection circuit for each cell
- Overcharge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 5)
3.60 V to 4.50 V (50 mV step)
Accuracy ±20 mV (Ta = +25°C)
Accuracy ±30 mV (Ta = −5°C to +55°C)
- Overcharge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 5)
0.0 mV to −550 mV (50 mV step)
−300 mV to −550 mV Accuracy ±20%
−100 mV to −250 mV Accuracy ±50 mV
0.0 mV to −50 mV Accuracy ±25 mV
- Self-test operation to confirm overcharge detection is available.
- Cascade connection is available.
- Delay times for overcharge detection can be set by an internal circuit only (External capacitors are unnecessary).
- High-withstand voltage
- Absolute maximum rating 26 V
- Wide operation voltage range
- 6 V to 24 V
- Wide operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- At VCUn − 1.0 V for each cell : 10 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- At 2.3 V for each cell : 8 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack (for secondary protection)